WELCOME TO OUR DORM
Rebæk Søpark Kollegiet is located on the outskirts of the municipality of Hvidovre, close to Rødovre and Valby. The residence is situated directly next to a large green space, which provides good opportunities for jogging or walking, especially if the trip goes past Brøndby Woods, just 1000 meters from the residence.
The residence is very close to Rødovre Station, and it is only 14 minutes in the train from the green areas to the heart of the city.
Before deciding to live in a student dorm in Denmark, such as Rebæk Søpark Kollegiet, there are a few things that you may need to consider first:
- We share kitchens – this means that you are expected to show some sense of social engagement and interaction with your fellow kitchen mates. This is both in regards to maintenance and cleaning of the kitchen, but also contributing to a positive social environment.
- All residents are students – this means that you are living in a building with 362 other young people. You must therefore expect a certain degree of thriving life and music during weekends and such. Taking part in parties and events is also a part of living in a dorm, contributing to the social life.
- We share a lot of nice facilities – this requires social responsibility, taking care of our things, and a sense of consideration towards your fellow residents whom you share the facilities with.
- Show general consideration towards your neighbours – we live in small rooms closely with each other. However, being able to work out compromises with one another in a positive way is key, when living in a student dorm.
- We are organized in a local resident democracy – this means that the residents ultimately decide in which direction the community and our facilities are heading. However, democracy requires participation. This means that you must show up at resident meetings and let your voice be heard. Or even better: join our Resident Council or the dorm bar and take part in the volunteer work here at our dorm.
- Rebæk Søpark Kollegiet is a non-profit dormitory – that is how we are able to keep the rent at a low level. It also means that if you want something to change in regards to our facilities or such, you sometimes need to take the initiative yourself. Contacting the Resident Council or our inspector in a constructive tone is the best way to address issues or suggest improvements.
At Rebæk Søpark Shopping Center you will find a Lidl, a pizzeria and a plastic shop, where you can buy all sorts of things. At Hvidovre Station Center you will find Kiwi+ and Rema 1000 as well as several specialized shops. Netto is situated at the crossroads of Tårnvej and Roskildevej, as well as on Hvidovrevej. The OK Service Station across the road is open until 23:00 every day.
10 minutes by bike or 5 minutes by the bus from Rødovre Station takes you to Rødovre Centrum. It is a comfortable shopping mall with everyday commodities and many specialized shops.
The large Hvidovre Main Library is situated next to Hvidovre Town Hall around 5 km from the students’ residence. If you feel like taking a trip in the nature, the Damhus Lake is around 2 km from the students’ residence, Vestvolden is ideal for a bike ride and just 6 km away is Brøndby Beach. Brøndby Woods is 500 meters away. It can be seen in the west, when you stand by Rebæk Lake. At Rebæk Lake hungry ducks and swans live and next to it is a large playing field. If you take to water like a duck, you can also find such activities nearby. Vestbadet is only 1 km away. Here is both in- and outdoors swimming pools, sauna, Turkish bath, solarium and a gym.
If the need arises, police and hospital are not far away. Hvidovre Hospital is roughly 10 minutes away with bus 200S and has a 24 hours’ emergency room, where everyone can ask for help. You should be aware that they prefer if you call 1813, to talk to a nurse, before you go to the emergency room. If you take the 200S from Rødovre Station in the opposite direction you will reach the Rødovre Shopping Center after 5 minutes. Here you will find the local police authorities.